DefinitionSEO is the process of improving the visibility of a web site or a web page in search engines via the "natural" or un-paid ("organic" or "algorithmic") search results. Other forms of search engine marketing (SEM) target paid listings. In general, the earlier (or higher on the page), and more frequently a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine.
So ... Why is it important??An SEO professional or company can potentially and drastically improve a site’s rank on the major search engines including Google and Bing. These rankings can then increase the income for the owner of the site.
- Keep in mind that the Google, Yahoo and Bing’s search results page include organic search results and paid advertisements (denoted by the heading "Sponsored Links“).
- These results are the answer from a strict and advanced formula or algorithm that will never be 100% revealed and is constantly evolving
Ok, I got it ... when to SEO?
- The best time to optimize a site is NOW… or Early and Often!
- The next best time is when one is doing a rebuild/redesign. That way the site owner can save time and ensure that their site is search enginefriendly from the bottom up. However, a good SEO can also help improve an existing site.
Important things to remember ...
- No one can guarantee a #1 ranking on Google. Beware of this claim as no one can make this guarantee of rankings. There is no priority submit for Google. The only way to submit a site to Google directly is through our add URL page or by submitting a Sitemap and anyone can do this at no cost.
- Be sure to understand where the hours/efforts go. While Google or Bing NEVER sell better ranking in our search results, several other search engines combine pay-per-click or pay-for-inclusion results with their regular web search results. Be sure to compare results only on creditable engines only.
- More than 70% of users click on the first 3 search engine results.
- Nearly 90% of all search engine traffic comes from the 1st page.
What Can You Do With SEO?
Question: "What good is SEO when the site is already ranked number one?”
Response: It depends ... what is it ranked #1 for? If it's the name of the company than I'll bet the company is not getting very much traffic.
Small to medium-sized businesses need to achieve high organic rankings for the terms prospective customers are search on - which isn't your company name!
Just an example ...
Go to Google and type "oratoria córdoba" or "curso intensivo oratoria córdoba". What's on the first page of results?
In the next post we will cover some examples and I will explain the techniques to achieve your SEO goals
Part 2 Here
Part 2 Here